agatsinghpur: Nearly 10 rooms were gutted in two separate fire mishaps in villages under Raghunathpur Tehsil in Jagatsinghpur district last night.
In the first incident, as many as four rooms of two families were gutted in a fire that broke out at Jaypur village in Jagatsinghpur district last night.
According to sources, the fire erupted from one Bansidhar Das’s house and later it engulfed to the nearby houses. On intimation, fire tenders rushed to the spot and doused the flames.
As many as 15 sacks of paddy, rice, cereals, important documents, and other household materials were gutted in the mishap.
In a similar incident, six rooms were gutted after a fire erupted from the cattle shed of one Rabindra Nath of Chandipur village in this district.
While no casualty was reported, property worth lakhs were gutted in the mishap.
On being informed, fire personnel reached the village and doused the blaze. Meanwhile, the locals have demanded adequate compensation to the victims, rendered homeless in the fire mishap.